Friday 10 January 2014

2014: A year for change

So for the first post for this new blog I thought I should introduce myself and explain my motivations behind creating a blog to document my journey to becoming fitter and healthier this year.





In 2014 I will be finishing my degree after 5 long, hard years at university. I will be graduating with people I have spent the last four years with and I will be entering, finally, the world of work. I will be attempting to find a job in the same area as my boyfriend, in the hope that we can live together, and (fingers crossed) pass my driving test, 3rd time lucky as they say!

With all of these milestones coming up, i'd prefer to not also have my weight and health looming over all of these events, which I know no matter how hard I try, it will be. I am already worrying about what to wear for my birthday dinner, how potential employers will see me at an interview, and what I will look like in my graduation photos.

So here are the facts: I am 23 (almost), 5ft 10inches tall, a dress size 16 most days, have a bra size of 36HH which is a hereditary gene rather than due to weight gain, and last time I checked, 106 kgs, which I guess is around 16 stone. I've always had a large bust, so I'm not completely convinced that weight loss will have a drastic change on this, however it can't hurt!



June 2007


June 2013


I have always tried to eat healthily, with the occasional treat, and I do like a glass of wine most evenings. My weight gradually crept up from age 16 when I was a happy/healthy size 12 and whilst I have maintained my weight more or less the last few years, I know I'd feel a lot better about a stone/stone and a half lighter. As well as eating healthily I want to become more active, and want to commit to 2 sessions in the gym/pool per week at the beginning, and see how my health and weight is affected.

This blog will act as a food diary and motivation tool, so I can document the food I eat and hopefully, the weight I lose over the next few months.

Thanks for joining me in this journey!

Steph

My current and target weight/size courtesy of http://www.modelmydiet.com/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment